Latest Post

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday said three lecturers of the University of Maiduguri, 15 policewomen, 113 Chibok girls and other Nigerians in Boko Haram’s captivity would be freed soon. This is just as the nation’s service chiefs arrived in Maiduguri, Borno State, on Tuesday, five days after receiving a marching order from Osinbajo. The Acting President, who addressed #BringBackOurGirls campaigners during their march to the Presidential Villa in Abuja, said the Federal Government had contacted negotiators across the world to ensure their release.

He added that the Presidency was working with negotiators who had in the past assisted in securing the release of former hostages. The Switzerland Government, the Red Cross and a Borno State-based lawyer, Zannah Mustapha, helped to negotiate the release of  21 Chibok girls in October last year. Mustapha was also instrumental in the release of 82 Chibok girls in May 2017, after three years in captivity. Addressing the #BringBackOurGirls members, the Acting President said negotiations were ongoing to secure the release of all Nigerians in Boko Haram captivity. Osinbajo, who was represented by his Special Adviser on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, disclosed that he had been meeting daily with security chiefs to fast-track the release of all hostages being held by the insurgents and kidnappers.

He lauded the BBOG agitators for their resilience, stressing that any country that would develop needed such patriotic and committed citizens to grow.

Barcelona forward Neymar has been given permission to discuss a world record 222m euro (£198m) transfer with Paris St-Germain.

The Brazil international told his team-mates at training on Wednesday that he wanted to leave the Spanish club. He was then given permission by Barca manager Ernesto Valverde not to train and to "sort out his future".

The 25-year-old contract has a release clause set at 222m euros, which PSG are understood to be ready to pay.

The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Wednesday, urged Nigerians to exercise caution in their utterances and respect each other in their conversations and interactions to foster national unity. Osinbajo noted that “We are greater together than apart.” Speaking at a seminar on national unity and stability at the DSS Training School, Bwari, Abuja, Osinbajo also advised the citizenry to shun all narratives which foment trouble and create divisions and embrace those that unite.
According to the Acting President, the language of exchange in the country must be civil and we must not tolerate a situation where people speak in any way they like. He was reacting to hate speeches which had crept up in different sections of the country, thereby heating up the polity. Osinbajo warned that the Federal Government had no choice than to ensure the security of lives and property of citizens. He noted that the administration had initiated series of social investment programmes to promote social justice and give all Nigerians a sense of belonging. “The truth is that we have a duty to ensure that we deal seriously with the issue of poverty and social justice,’’ he said, adding that the N500 billion earmarked for social investment programme would be utilised in that direction.
He said that the fund was not for poverty alleviation but specifically meant to correct the social and economic imbalance in the country. Osinbajo noted that many Nigerians were poor not because the country was not endowed but due to the massive stealing of public funds by past leaders. He said it was the duty of all to stand against corruption.


The Nigeria Immigration Service says from January 1, 2018, anybody without the National Identification Number, issued by the National Identity Management Commission, will not be able to procure Nigerian passport. It added that the condition applied to both first-time applicants and those renewing their expired document.  The Comptroller-General of the NIS, Mr. Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this to State House correspondents after a meeting of database harmonisation committee at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.

Babandede said the decision was taken as part of the Federal Government’s efforts to ease the process of doing business in the country. He said thenceforth, there would be no need for individuals to have their biometrics captured by the NIS and NIMC separately. He said, “The biggest problem we are facing is that everybody is deploying his own technology; but harmonisation of data will solve that. We have agreed that from January 1, 2018, anybody who is going to apply for the Nigerian passport, whether renewal or fresh application, must first have a National Identity Number.

“Why we are doing this is that we want to ease process of doing business in Nigeria. There is no need for you to go and have your biometrics captured by the NIMC and then you come and capture again with the Nigeria Immigration Service.

President Donald Trump has signed into a law a bill which imposes new sanctions on Russia for their alleged meddling in the 2016 election.

The White House had indicated that Mr Trump would sign the bill after it had passed through both houses of Congress. But on Tuesday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he and the president are not "very happy" about the bill.

Russia denies interfering in the US election, and Mr Trump has denied colluding with Russia.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has, Wednesday, warned that the war against the Boko Haram insurgents is not won and is not over yet. He said more efforts must be put to crush the insurgents finally. Buratai gave the warning while addressing officers and men of the Nigeria Army in Damaturu, Yobe State capital.

According to him, “The war has not yet been won and all is not over until it is over. Hence, I congratulate you on the progress made so far but we must do more.” “Let me urge you to partner with other security agents in prosecuting the war and anything less will jeopardise the efforts of the security forces as a whole. “I want to assure you that the highest military hierarchy will continue to give you all the necessary support in the fight,” he said.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram terrorist, on Wednesday, attack Adamawa state, killing six person. The Adamawa state Government confirmed the death of seven people in an early morning attack on Midlu village of Vapura ward in Madagali Local Government Area of the state on Wednesday.

Author Name

Wilson

Wilson Amaefule is a Computer Scientist, Blogger, Content creator and Developer, Social Media Consultant and Online Marketer. Won't you rather do Business with me?

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

WILSON TECHNOLOGIES. Powered by Blogger.